PREPARATIONS BY ALAG SHABAD YUG TRUST FOR THE CELEBRATIONS OF CENTENARIESBy October 2008, nine centenaries concerning the most important events of Sikh history and theology were celebrated by the Sikhs and Gurbani lovers. It is good enough that Khalsa Panth celebrated the ter centenary of the Sajana of Khalsa in a big way in 1999 and Alag Shabad Yug Trust did not lag behind and distributed its most prestigious books (i) Creation of Khalsa a Turning Point (ii) Creation of Khalsa and its Impact in English, Hindi and Punjabi too. Their distribution strength ran into lakhs. On this patron, Shabad Yug prepared, printed and distributed huge quantity of the books in connection with all the centenaries.
Alag Shabad Yug Trust as mentioned earlier celebrated the Quat centenary of the creation of the Harmandar Sahib, the abode of God in it's own way when it brought out 56 thousand deluxe copies of the book, Harmandar Darshan, in Panjabi, Hindi and English especially written for this auspicious occasion. This book was distributed free of cost in whole of the world for whole of the year and was punctually distributed to the sangat visiting Harmandar Sahib in the Parikarma itself twice a week till Dec 31st, 2001. It was distributed in the trains, bus stops, religious melas, community dewans, religious ceremonies, various Gurpurbs and of course to the students having quest to apprise themselves with the heritage they form part of. Many libraries of the colleges and schools were adorned with this book and other publications of the Trust so as these remain available for the progeny. We joyfully mention that the trust now distributes its 87 publications throughout the world free of cost.
THE CENTENARIES CELEBRATED TILL OCTOBER 2008 ARE AS UNDER
1. Alag Shabad Yug International Charitable Trust (Regd) Ludhiana celebrated during 1999, Tercentenary of the creation of Khalsa by distributing a book 'Creation of Khalsa' A turning point, in English, Panjabi and Hindi in very huge quantity throughout the world. This book was written especially for this occasion.
2. The Trust has brought out 51 deluxe editions of the book 'Harmandar Darshan' in Panjabi, Hindi and English with the financial support of the sangat and esteemed donors to glorify the Quat Centenary of the creation of Harmandar Sahib during year 2001 AD. Now the number of its editions has crossed 70.
3. The Quin birth centenary of Guru Angad Dev ji happened in year 2004 AD. A book on Guru's life 'Lehna, Nanak ka Gehna' was prepared to be distributed on the auspicious occasion. It was distributed in huge quantity.
4. Quat centenary of the first Parkash Diwas of Adi Granth Sahib was celebrated in year 2004 AD. 20 publications in all were exclusively published by the Trust with the financial support of the donors and the sangat to create awareness about the teachings of Guru Granth Sahib - Guru of human race. All these publications were highly acclaimed by the esteemed readers throughout the world.
5. 300th Martyrdom day of elder Sahibzadas of Guru Gobind Singh ji fell in Dec 2004. The Trust conducted seminars and functions highlighting the scarifices made by the Sahibzadas and other members of the family of tenth Guru.
6. Tercentenary of the Martyrdom of the younger Sahibzadas of Guru Gobind Singh ji also fell in Dec 2004 and a booklet especially mentioning the valour of the small children was distributed in Panjabi.
7. Tercentenary of the Martyrdom of Mata Gujri ji again fell in year 2004 AD. To make this event memorable five leading women who served in various fields selflessly were honoured with Mata Gujri Award.
8. Quat Martyrdom centenary of Guru Arjan Dev ji was celebrated in year 2006 AD. The books 'Guru Arjan Viton Qurbani' depicting the unique scarifice and services of fifth Master in Panjabi and 'Sacrifice unto Guru Arjan' in English were prepared and distributed as a mark of respect in the memory of first martyr of the nation - Guru Arjan Dev. The books were appreciated by one and all and are in high demand even today.
9. Gur-Gaddi-Nashini of Guru Granth Sahib's tercentenary was celebrated in 2008 AD with pomp and show and also with the reverence. Alag Shabad Yug distributed thousands and thousands copies of its publications signifying the salient teachings and preachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in various languages. Shabad langars were successfully organised in various countries besides India.
As briefly hinted above, Alag Shabad Yug Trust Ludhiana distributed suitable literature concerning all these historic occasions in many languages free of cost all over the world in sufficient large number. Financial support of the sangat and donors would facilitate to publish such literature in bulk quantity to cater with the ever rising demand of the readers.
Trust is on the job to provide suitable literature to the readers concerning all these centenaries. Of these centenaries two are directly concerned with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which occured in the year 2004 and 2008 AD. To create more and more awareness about Guru Granth Sahib -- Guru of Human Race, Alag Shabad Yug Trust has prepared more than two dozen books on the subject, some of the following publications in English, Hindi, Panjabi and Gujrati are mentioned below.
We are preparing more volumes to create awareness about the treasures of Sri Guru Granth Sahib which can ameliorate all the aspects of life with rich guidance and messages. Co-operation of sangat and donors is sought in a big way so as to publish all this literature for free distribution throughout the nook and corner of the globe in the next few years. It is not absurd to say that Guru Granth Sahib and the teachings of Sikh Gurus can change the scenario of the present day world. The hatred and the tension prevailing in the world society can be sublimated into love and amity if we suitably convey the message of Sarbat Da Bhalla i.e. 'Welfare Unto All', love, brotherhood, fraternity, equality, peace, truth and selfless service propounded in Guru Granth Sahib. We are sorry to say that the Sikhs could not create magnificient impact of the universal teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib under the slogan "tinn sau saal, guru de naal". We have our own observation in this respect. "Beet gaye ne tinn sau saal, hun tan tur pao guru de naal. All out efforts should be taken to fulfil the spirit of our following slogan: "Sagal sansar guru de naal" i.e. whole the world is in appreciation of Gurus' teachings.
The ball is in the court of the Sikhs. And now it becomes our imperative duty to redeem the world citizens from their ills through Gurbani. It is a pious duty, a noble challenge, a momentous task which requires co-operation of one and all, to match and fulfil the expectations and the needs of the humanity. Therefore, co-operation of sangat and esteemed donors is highly appreciated by the Trust and it is expected that more and more donors, Sikhs, Sangat and the readers would strengthen the Trust by their valuable contributions so as to make this noble mission functional more stoutly for better results. Without the funds, as we all know, all the activities simply keep their existence on papers only and having funds at our disposal, we pledge to do maximum as per our capacity. Satguru's blessings are always sought to make the efforts of the Trust fruitful for one and all irrespective of caste, creed, colour, region and religion and we are happy that 'His' bounties are ever showering on the Trust in one way or the other.
We reproduce our appeal for the funds in English and Panjabi and seek the blessings and financial support of the readers, lovers of Gurbani and humanity at large. Thanks.
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa
THIS SHABAD LANGAR NEEDS COMMUNITY SUPPORT DESPERATELY